Main purpose of the job role:
Continue to develop Porvair Sciences product range, improving our capabilities as an international leader in the development and supply of high performance, innovative materials and solutions for applications in filtration and separation. Lead the design, testing and research application to ensure Porvair Sciences are at the forefront of filtration technology.
Salary: A competitive salary, dependent on experience will be offered along with a defined contribution pension scheme, paid holiday and other benefits.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be working closely with the Business Manager and technical team, the role will require involvement in all aspects of Porvair Sciences including:
- Quality Control of new and existing Chromatography products
- Develop novel chemistry and manufacturing protocols for applications in Chromatography
- Carry out research and development projects both independently and as part of a team
- Develop and perform analytical techniques
- Contribute to innovation and modification of processes, methods and equipment.
- Conduct laboratory analysis procedures and quality control procedures as required
- Writing applications notes as necessary
- Presenting and reporting on research progress and outcomes to the wider development team
- Producing protocols and SOP’s for any new processes as necessary
- Supplying necessary support for the technical and manufacturing team
- Achievement of Porvair Sciences technical goals
- Development and training of technical staff in newly identified processes
- Introduction and maintenance of laboratory best practice: working practices, H&S etc
- Strong background in Analytical Science or Chemistry related discipline with strong academic qualifications in these fields
- A good track record in product development, problem solving and technical communication
- Experience with GC/LC/MS
- Practical experience of chemical extraction and purification techniques including preparative Chromatography
- Analytical experience using spectrophotometric techniques
- Primary degree in a scientific discipline, ideally chemistry/ Analytical Science or related discipline.
- Computer literacy (familiarity with Microsoft Office as a minimum).
- High quality secondary degree or PhD in chemistry, Analytical Science or a closely related subject
- Knowledge and Practical experience of separating technologies such as SPE, HPLC, and GC.
- Experience with MS technology.
- Suitable and relevant industrial experience will also be considered.
- Experience of working in a laboratory setting with knowledge of laboratory disciplines
Interested? Drop Dr. Amy Johnson an email with your current fully updated C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org